Tuesday, August 28, 2012

When It Rains, It's Trouble

Reacher's battery was fully recharged this morning when he woke up. It was like all the walking, racing and running he did yesterday never happened. He was ready for action - again. Unfortunately, it was raining. And it continued to rain all day.

That's not good news for a dog like Reacher, or his owner. I wasn't about to let him outside alone because the yard he and Vega have torn up and trampled until it has become a dust bowl turns into a quagmire when it rains.

So, no wild times in the yard. No walk. No evening run along the river. And definitely, no passing out on the family room couch this evening. Because he never made it out of the kitchen. It was a gates-up kind of day.

Consequently, he has been quite a challenge -- surfing the counters and the kitchen table. And regularly annoying Vega. He's been chewing up the blanket inside his crate, the rug in front of the kitchen sink and the towel I use to wipe wet paws. I also caught him gnawing on the kitchen island. And when I put a stop to that he moved on to the outside corner of his crate. 

Fortunately, the day is coming to an end. And he'll be inside his crate for the night. I'm afraid to check the forecast. I know Reacher, Vega and I are hoping the sun will come out tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment