Thursday, August 30, 2012

Name That Pup

Names are kind of a hobby of mine. My Boxer Reacher is named after a favorite character in a series of novels by Lee Child while my German Shepherd already had a name when I got her. It's a good thing I love Vega, because something like SuzyQ would have been a deal breaker and I wouldn't have this GSD in my life today.

With a litter hopefully on the way, I'm already working on a list of puppy possibilities. Since Vega is the name of a star, choosing star-studded names is only natural. Aries, Atlas, Capella, Cassiopeia, Cerina, Crux, Draco, Gemini, Gemma, Leo, Libra, Lyra, Mira, Orion, Sirius and Ursa offer a nice mix of male and female choices. And there are more stars in the heavens if these names don't work out.

Of course, a German-themed litter would make sense, too. In that case, the girls could be Anja, Jana, Katja, Lina, Petra, Schuyler and Ursula. While the boys might be called Dirk, Klaus, Marcus, Max, Niklas, Otto, Tobias and Wolfgang.

I've also considered giving the girl pups names ending with an "a" and the boys, names ending in "o." Here are my lists. Females: Ava, Britta, Elsa, Isla, Lola, Lyra (a star, as well), Marla and Willa. Males: Arlo, Draco (also a star) Hugo, Milo, Otto (German, too), Rio, Sisco and Zorro.

Of course, I know whatever I choose won't be my pups' forever names. But I'm already having fun with them beginning right now.







No comments:

Post a Comment