Sunday, August 5, 2012

One Day At A Time

I was fully aware when I brought Vega into the family I would breed her with Remy one day. One day sounded reasonable. Definitely not a specific date. Just an unknown number in an unknown month sometime in the future. This year, next year, who knew? Nice and vague. Worked for me.  

One day soon Vega will have her first litter.
After all, Vega had to go into season first. I knew she would, of course -- one day. No problem.

Then it happened. On Monday, July 16, I saw a few red spots on the kitchen tile. Suddenly, that vague someday came into razor sharp focus.

It was the first day I marked an "x" on the calendar so the breeding could be timed just right. And I continued to mark the days that followed.

It was beginning of a new adventure. One I'll tell you about one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment