Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Homework Pass

Our training day is tomorrow. I am looking forward to it and will welcome a normal activity in this oh-so-not-normal week. The problem is, Reacher, Vega and I haven't been doing our homework.  

Reacher and I are supposed to be working on off-leash obedience and the recall command that my stubborn boy more often than not chooses to ignore. Vega and I are working on right and left turns when heeling in addition to the place command. 

Just like high school, the three of us tried cramming a week's worth of practice into our evening tonight. Considering that, plus the fact that we've managed to walk most every day this week, Reacher's off-leash obedience may not be that bad tomorrow. And Vega's right and left turns could be passable. His recalls and her place command however, not so much.

In any case, we won't call in sick. And while the "dog ate my homework" sounded good for a second, it really doesn't make sense. So, we'll show up as usual, do our best and count on Evan to give us a homework pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment