Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Walk In The Dark


Between the hot summer temperatures and my work schedule, it's often not practical for Reacher, Vega and I to walk during the day. That means we often hit the sidewalk after the sun goes down -- or comes up. Today, the sun rose at 6:57 AM and set at 8:28 PM. We walked in the dark. 
It's certainly more comfortable to be out when the sun's not beating down on us, but I often feel like I should really be in bed, especially on those early morning walks. My neighborhood is safe as neighborhoods go, but I admit it might be a little riskier to walk in the dark.

But I feel safe with my two dogs. Vega is extremely loyal. And during protection work she is intense, focused and totally fired up. There's no doubt in my mind, or Evan's, that she'd be just as fired up if she sensed a threat. So I'm walking with confidence. And I must admit, when I'm walking with my German Shepherd and my Boxer I feel like a bit of a badass myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment