Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Top Dog

Top dog! 
Lately, I have been focusing on Vega and her puppies. But that doesn't mean I've forgotten about Reacher. He is the kind of dog who tends to make his presence known whether you want him to or not.

However, even though he's way outnumbered these days - eight darling puppies and Mama Vega vs. "Mr. Personality Plus," Reacher has been enjoying special privileges these past couple of weeks. He has made a new high school friend who comes over in the afternoons to go for a walk. I don't know exactly what they do (translation: how Reacher behaves) or where they go, but when the two of them return, both have smiles on their faces.

I try to do my part as well. Reacher and I continue to visit the dog park where he hopes his Boxer girlfriend Tess will be, too. He also likes running with the rest of his dog buddies including Tyson - also a Boxer - and Roosevelt, Sammie, Henry, Harley, Chip and Gracie, to name just a few.  

And let's not forget training. We continue to practice and go to our lessons on Thursdays and Sundays. He's making steady progress, I might add. Good boy, Reacher!

There may be a total of 10 four-legged friends in the house right now, but Reacher was here first. In his mind, that makes him top dog.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment