Monday, October 15, 2012

Family Dining

If you saw yesterday's video of the feeding frenzy you probably understand why Vega isn't thrilled to head for the whelping box every time the puppies are hungry. And if I'm home, that just seems to give her an excuse to delay the puppies' next meal.

I encourage her to go to the garage and take care of her babies. While she'll head out there, she usually gives the eight a quick look, maybe takes care of some housekeeping and heads back inside.

So, I often end up staying in the garage with her so I can be sure she's nursing the pups. She's got me trained: She'll stay if I do. Tonight that meant I had dinner in the garage, just like the puppies. Well, I did sit at a table -- a card table that is. It overlooked the whelping box.

To make the scene complete, Reacher was there, too. I sent him to "the place" (the most useful command in the world), a throw rug next to my reserved table. He wasn't too happy about it, but he stayed put.

All eight puppies at least, were thrilled with their reservation at the milk bar. 

So tonight, we all ate at Garage Chez Schuetz, where we dined like one big, happy family. 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment