Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Name That Pup, Chapter 2

The name game continues. It seems I'm not the only one who is interested in this subject.

At the suggestion of a few friends from Esther Jackson Elementary School, I am exploring additional themes for naming this litter and offer the following for your consideration. 

The first proposal -- favorite characters from children's literature. For the females, read these: Amelia Bedelia, Clemetine, Charlotte, Fancy Nancy, Judy Moody, Junie B. Jones, Lilly, Madeline, Olivia and Ramona Quimby. For the males, Arthur, Beazus, Clifford (the only character who is actually a dog), Curious George, Flat Stanley, Fly Guy, Fudge, Harry, Melonhead, Mogli and Waldo.

Names of drinks could be fun. Especially considering that I may need one or two to help me through the whelping (that's dog lingo for labor and delivery). First, I raise my glass to these possibilities for the girls: Amber Moon, Bellini, Flirtini, Margarita, MaiTai, Mimosa, Paloma, Piña Colada and Sangria. Next, a toast to the boys: Bacardi, Buck's Fizz, Cosmo, Daiquiri, Harvey Wallbanger, Kamikaze, Kir, Martini, Mojito and Rob Roy.  

As I mentioned the first time around, I know these names will change once the puppies leave for their new homes. But until then fun is the name of the game.

2 comments: