Sunday, September 23, 2012

Any Day Now

Saturday, September 29 is the day I have "PUPPIES!" written in red ink on the calendar hanging on my refrigerator.

But really, they could arrive any day. Nine weeks is about the gestation period for dogs. But depending on which "expert" you believe and which day you start counting, it could be anywhere from 58-68 days. Taking all that into consideration, I can definitely tell you the date is who knows?

I can tell you Vega looks very pregnant. I have actually seen a wave of puppy movement across her belly a few times and have felt a paw or head or butt moving around in there as well. 

She's acting very pregnant, too. Vega has almost quit sailing over the gates when they're up in the kitchen. And she's not interested in following me each time I go up and down the stairs either.

She is also favoring corners. Last evening, I couldn't find her. When I finally called her name she emerged from the corner of the living room where she was lying under the floor lamp. Before that she was behind a couple of chairs curled up between the wall and some cabinets.

Every time I take her outside, she wants to crawl way under the deck as close to the foundation as she can get. I'm keeping her on a leash to prevent that because I don't plan on crawling in after her with a flashlight to retrieve puppies.

I've been doing my best to keep Reacher away because he is driving Vega crazy. She is growling and nipping at him more and more frequently. To that I say, "You go girl!" He is driving me crazy, too.

So for now, the watching and waiting continues. You'll be the first to know the puppies have arrived because they will be making their debut right here.



No comments:

Post a Comment