Thursday, February 6, 2014

Welcome Home

I guess it's not really fair to compare what it must be like for the winning Super Bowl team to return home to a cheering crowd of fans and what it's like for me when I return to a frantic trio of dogs. But pandemonium is one thing I'm sure both scenes have in common.

There is a definite thrill in the air when I walk through the door. My welcoming committee is boisterous, excited and all atwitter for my attention. Twelve paws dance and prance while three bodies collide like bumper cars. Two tails go whacka-thwack-thwack and one little brown nub manages to wag Reacher's whole self.

My Boxer, along with Vega and Panzer, forget any kind of manners and jostle for position. Each one wants desperately to be the first to be graced with a pat on the head or a few scratches behind the ear. There's plenty of whining too, as if that will guarantee top dog position.

I encourage them to clear a path from the door to the kitchen. Instead, all three of them bounce around me like tennis balls on steroids. It's a rowdy crowd of animal love.

This is my home team and it's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment