Friday, February 14, 2014

Love You Best

Reacher,
You were the first of this current trio of dogs which puts you at the top of my list. You were the puppy I chose from among your eight brothers and sisters. You caught my attention because you were spunky, energetic and playful, all characteristics which intensified as you were growing up. Although you were a challenge beginning on our first day together, we've come to a meeting of the minds. You've grown into a typical clown of a Boxer. You love going on walks, running for no reason, digging holes, watching the world go by, playing with most any other canine, meeting new people. In short, you love life! And that's what I love best about you.

 
Vega,
You are my first German Shepherd, but the seventh dog in my life. And we all know seven is a lucky number. We've shared a lot in the not-quite two years we've been together. The most memorable event is the birth of your eight puppies. That was quite the experience - for both of us. Friends and family who come to the house, then and now, always comment on your sweet, calm nature. They haven't seen your "killer" side. There's no doubt that you've got my back. You like longs walks, chasing balls, chasing Reacher and  wrestling with Panzer. But you're just as content to lie at my feet. The two of us have developed a special bond. And that's what I love best about you. 
 

Panzer,
I was there, up close and personal, when you were born. And just about every day since. Like your brothers and sisters, you were very vocal from day one. And you got even louder as the weeks went by, squealing and barking in that shrill puppy voice whenever I entered the kennel area to feed or play with all eight of you. You were demanding then. And you are demanding today. Every day you like to remind all of us that you are the alpha male in this house. You are smart, athletic, loyal and full of energy, not to mention oh-so handsome. As my fellow breeder who owns your father likes to say, you are the total package! And that's what I love best about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment