Sunday, December 9, 2012

Almost Famous


Now that the puppies are a happy memory, things are getting back to normal around here. I'm sleeping at least 30 minutes longer in the mornings since I don't have to factor puppy feeding and clean-up into my AM routine. I must admit that's a little slice of heaven.

No puppies to care for means more time for Reacher, Vega and I to do what we like to do: go for a walk. We are walking again nearly every day, at least once. And we're back to any one of our favorite long routes -- around the lake, along the river or just through the neighborhood.

Cooler weather has opened up the whole day for getting outside with their leashes on. It's not necessary to plan on a crack of dawn or late evening walk or training session to avoid the blazing sun. Just about anytime works this time of year.

I didn't realize that we're back out and walking so much until so many people started commenting on it. Out of the blue, a woman at the grocery store asked me if I have a German Shepherd and a Boxer. When I said yes, she said she recognized me because she sees me out walking "all the time."

The vet tech who took care of us at our last appointment she said she often drives past Reacher, Vega and I as she comes or goes from her house. Turns out we're neighbors.

I seem to have gained a kind of celebrity status among the children at the neighborhood elementary school, too. There is a growing number who come up to me and say, "I saw you walking your dogs! They're big!"

I'm feeling practically famous. The lady with the big dogs. It's not a bad reputation to have.





No comments:

Post a Comment