Friday, July 24, 2015

Red Crayon or Black Rubber Bone, It's All the Same to a Dog

Dogs can be a lot like kindergartners. No matter that there's enough red crayons for every student in the class. Kids always want the same one their friend has.

Vega and Reacher are much the same. No, they aren't two artful canines who create masterpieces with their paws. I'm not actually talking about red crayons here. I'm talking about black rubber bones.

Last week I ordered one Kong Extreme black rubber bone to make sure it withstood the Boxer jaw test. If a toy can hold up to Reacher's chompers, it will pretty much hold up to anything. I am happy to report this rubber Kong bone passed.

Of course, for the few days when there was only one black rubber bone, it was the most sought after toy in the house. I get it.

So, when the second new Kong Extreme bone arrived today, there were two bones, two dogs, two satisfied customers. Right?

Wrong.

Vega wanted the new bone. Reacher wanted the new bone. And only the new bone. The Kong Extreme original was within sight. And well within reach. But neither seemed to care. Just like the kindergartners and the red crayon, I don't get it.

Both bones are black. Both rubber. Both the same size. Both make the same wet, squeaky rubbery sound when chewed. And although I have no personal experience, I imagine they must taste pretty much the same.

The only difference? They arrived three days apart. Big deal.

And yes, apparently it is to a dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment